Monday, June 01, 2009

A Month of Me!

It's June friends, and I'm going out of my element here and declaring the whole month all about me! You see, I turn 50 on the 22nd and it's haunting me. I hated turning 40, I had myself convinced my life was half over, but here at 50, I can't say that, no guarantee's that I live to be a 100 or if I'd even want too? People who have already made it to 50 tell me, it's just a number, embrace the grace, and kick up your heels. I'd love to think like that and maybe I can after this month of me? I do like the idea of being able to speak your mind, I guess at 50 you have all the respect your gonna get? I'd love to be a little more sassy, they say that too comes with age?

I'm always the one who plans the family birthday dinners, buys the gifts, bakes the cake and cleans up the mess! Now, here is the part where I get sassy, I'm not the type who likes the fuss made upon me, I'd rather give than receive but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of kicking back and letting that big ole number work for me! So, this month here on my blog you will learn all there is to know about me, like you can't wait for that! lol I'll be sharing my dreams, loves, collections and wishes. Favorite photos of favorite things, my bucket list and yes a giveaway too! I'll be putting together a giveaway of some of my favorite things, so watch for that post. I will try to post everyday in June, even if it's just a photo of something I love.

This month of me will be my gift to you, so you can't say I didn't give you anything! The freedom that blogging brings me is a creative way to unleash my fear of turning 50 and I couldn't think of anyone else to share it with! So, please join me in this journey to make 50 nifty by sharing your comments on how you handled turning half a century old! Birthday wishes will be accepted all month long, I'm shooting for 50 of those too! lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...