It's a wonder how I ever got by without the BEST pancake recipe EVER!! Taking a little break from pumpkin to bring you some apple cider pancakes with apple cider syrup, SINFUL!! I made these last night for dinner and oh my, dessert for dinner, all on one plate! Were having tons of company this weekend for our annual fall fun nite/reunion so I'll be making these for breakfast on Sunday, my mouth can hardly wait!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sparkling apple cider
- 1 egg
- 1 large granny smith apple peeled and diced small
- . . SPARKLING APPLE CIDER SYRUP .
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup sparkling apple cider
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- In a large bowl, combine flour baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon. Stir to evenly combine.
- Add milk, sparkling apple cider and egg and whisk until well combined.
- Evenly fold in diced apple.
- Cook on low-medium heat. Brown on both sides and cook through. Serve hot.
- TO MAKE SYRUP: In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, sparkling apple cider, lemon juice and butter. Stir constantly over medium heat until well combined and syrup thickens. Serve hot.
To be honest, I didn't use sparkling cider, I just didn't have it, I used regular apple cider and it was perfect. I also didn't have the apple, but they were so light and the perfect blend of sweetness and the apple cider syrup was the best part! So, treat yourself this weekend, you won't be sorry! This recipe and plenty more can be found at Chef in Training aka YUMMY for the tummy!