Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tasty Tuesday


                 I'm sorry I didn't have time to post yesterday, our baby chicks arrived and since the coop isn't ready yet, I was scrambling for a make shift brooder of sorts to keep them warm and safe till they out grow it! But our "dirty dozen" survived the night and are doing good!

     I don't know what I did before Pinterest, gosh, I hate to think about it! We had a family birthday dinner over the weekend and I needed a dessert other than cake, so I picked this! Not sure of the original poster but it came from Pinterest and it's one of those recipes that makes me wonder, why didn't I think of that!! No name to it either but so easy!
All you do is layer graham crackers and vanilla pudding, the recipe does call for homemade pudding but I cheated and use the quick boxes and it worked fine. You can do as high as you want with layers or you can make mini ones, that's the beauty of this dessert but it must be made the day before and allowed to sit in the fridge over night, so the layers can break down, soften and turn into a yummy treat! I made a chocolate sauce for the top but you can use frosting/icing too. Next time, I think I'll try a chocolate pudding, oh the possibilities!!

    I've also been working on my mini kitchen make over, can't afford to re-do the cabinets like I had hoped, but for the price of paint, this will perk up this 5 yr. old space! A photo shoot will follow once I'm done!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...