Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tasty Tuesday


               I've been loading up on new recipes for Valentines Day, and chocolate seems to be the way to go! I came upon this cookbook "Adventures with Chocolate" that had impressive photos, the kind that look real enough to eat, but since it was a library book, I better not lick the pages, not during flu season anyway! But I  did copy down some recipes to try, beginning with these yummy chocolate biscuits! Now, I've shared a recipe for chocolate gravy, many years ago, so if your in dire need of a chocolate fix, make these biscuits and smother them with chocolate gravy, I'd give it a go!

2 c. flour
4 ts. b. powder
1/2 t. salt
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 c. shortening
3/4 c. milk
2 Tbsp. coco powder

Sift the dry ingredients together, cut in shortening . Add milk and mix well. Transport to a lightly floured board and pat to 1/2 in thickness. Cut out biscuits and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake in a 400 oven for 15 min. Cool.

      It's all about the day of love ahead and nothing says " I love you" like a home cooked, heart felt planned meal with some thing chocolate for dessert, but with recipe, you can begin the day with chocolate! Why not?
   
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...