Sunday, October 28, 2012

Home Sick.....


                The leaves have peeked and most have fallen, but we got out yesterday after lunch and took to the back roads in hopes of finding the Cotter Place, a once thriving homestead. We found it, all weathered and abused, I was home sick! The door was open, so of course I peeked inside, I was surprised to find small rooms and a very small kitchen, kinda sad too, especially if this once was a working homestead with ranch hands to feed? My wonder was quickly replaced with regret, I should of stayed outside and just imagined the house in all it's glory. It sits empty and run down but with a new roof, so I'm hopeful someone will restore it or at least lock it up and keep it safe from the elements of weather and mankind. But, I did come away with a token shot of a home that no longer houses a family but memories of kinder days and cow bells that still ring from the pasture. I did some editing and I'm in love with this result, which will be entered in the county fair next summer and will grace my wall, hung with care to honor this home that was once oh so sweet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...