Feels like a Monday in August here! But good news is, I think and hope my Internet issues have been resolved, my provider came out earlier and changed towers and so far, so good, and speedy too! On the menu today, orange marmalade, since I bought a bag full last week and they need tending too! And if you remember, I shared my recipe for homemade English Muffin bread, a perfect companion for marmalade!
This recipe was found over at Food.com and I love it because it makes one, nice pretty jar without a ton of sugar! And you can always double the recipe. Enjoy!!
- 1Select Navel oranges that have the thinnest peel.
- 2If the orange is large double the amount of water and sugar.
- 3Wash the orange thoroughly.
- 4Cut off both ends of the orange.
- 5Cut the orange in half, cut each half in about eight sections.
- 6Place the orange sections in the food processor and pulse until the peel in is tiny pieces.
- 7In a medium saucepan place the processed orange, the water and the sugar and bring to a gentle boil.
- 8Boil for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 9Let cool, then place in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid.
- 10Refrigerate to store.
- 11When it is cold it is ready to eat.
- 12I use 1/2 sugar and 1/2 Splenda and it works well.