I know, a day late, again! But I have a good excuse, I've been wallpapering my accent wall in the living room, and after 2 days and a wresting match with the wallpaper, I won! And I'm done!! I felt like Lucy there for awhile, fighting with that wallpaper that just would not cooperate!
On days like these, when I don't feel like making a big meal, I go to my new favorite: Italian grilled cheese sandwiches! Oh my, I fell in love with pesto all over again! This recipe is so easy and SO good! I found this in a issue of Taste of Home and now I make it at least once a week, see for yourself, but I'll warn you, you won't go back to the old way! Enjoy!!
Italian Grilled Cheese
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- Marinara sauce warmed, optional
- Spread four bread slices with pesto. Layer with cheeses; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with oil.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with marinara if desired. Yield: 4 servings.