Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tasty Tuesday



          Tis the season for Eggnog! This holiday milk can be used in so many ways, it's just not for drinking anymore! Let's see, where do I begin.....cupcakes, cheesecake, eggnog pie, pancakes, shakes, coffee, creamer, bread, cake, and yes even fudge! I was honored a few years ago by Gooseberry Patch publishing my eggnog fudge recipe in their "Christmas in the Country" cookbook, so if you have that cookbook, you can look up this recipe, it's on page 175.  For those who don't, here is the recipe and it's a dandy! A little rich so pace yourself but a all time favorite if you are a fan of eggnog.

Eggnog Fudge

3 c. sugar
1 c. eggnog
1 1/2 c. mini marshmallows
1/2 t. cinnamon, nutmeg
2 Tbsp. butter
6 oz. white chocolate chips
1 c. slivered almonds
Combine sugar and eggnog in a large saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil over med. heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 min. Fold in marshmallows, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring back to a rolling boil, cook for 6 min., stirring. Remove from heat and stir in butter, chocolate chips and almonds. Stir until well mixed. Pour into a greased aluminum foil lined 9x9 baking pan. Cool completely at room temperature. Turn out of pan, peel off foil and cut into squares. Makes about 5 dozen.

      I love to give baskets of home baked goodies for Christmas gifts and this fudge is always apart of those baskets, something a little rich goes a long way in both taste and memory.  I also love  those Gooseberry Patch cookbooks, I only have the one but they too make a nice gift anytime of the year!

    I'm so happy so many of you are getting signed up for my last giveaway of 2009, I had 26 just over night! Thank you all for the sweet comments, bloggers are the best! Remember you have till the 27th on this giveaway so be sure to get entered, and make a mental note, cuz I'm planning a sweet swap for Valentines day! Yes, I'm already thinking ahead! Enjoy the fudge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...