Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Tasty Tuesday


         I know I promised you a recipe for gingerbread pancakes today, but I can't find it? But this gingerbread muffin recipe is equally good and satisifing and they are great for breakfast!  I like mine iced and all I do is melt some cream cheese icing ( I always keep a tub on hand)  in the microwave and pour over while warm for a gooey treat, great with coffee!  Muffins are a perfect food, aren't they. Single portions so your not really eating alot of calories, as long as you only eat one, but muffins can be for breakfast, lunch, or dessert. Perfect in my book!

Gingerbread Muffins

1 c. oil  (remember to use a good oil like canola)
1 c. sugar
1 c. molasses
3 eggs
1 c. buttermilk
3 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. ginger
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350. Beat oil and sugar till creamy. Add molasses, beat till blended. Add eggs and buttermilk
till well blended. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Add to buttermilk mixture and beat well by hand. Spoon into greased or lined muffins cups and bake for 20-25 mins. Remove from pan and cool. Makes 2 1/2 dozen.

      I think I will make a batch this weekend for our Sunday school class. These freeze well  for a easy and  quick breakfast break.  I'm so glad so many are getting signed up my next giveaway, Sharon's handmade giftie went out this morning so it's time to wrap up the snowman set and wait for the next winner, this is so much fun! Since I love to share and try new recipes, if you have a good muffin recipe, please share it with us here. Can never have enough muffin recipes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...