Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Tasty Tuesday!

I had this idea early this morning and now I'm finally getting it out to you, blogger wouldn't let me post for most of the day? But, I thought since I like to share recipes and I sure don't want to over load you with calories, I'd post a recipe each Tuesday, calling it Tasty Tuesday. And if I can ever figure out how to do the Mr. Linky thing, we can link together and share. Till then, if you want to join me on Tuesdays with your recipe, please do so and let me know so I can come visit and drool.......

For the first post I'm sharing a Southern Biscuit recipe with you, because who doesn't enjoy a good biscuit and I love this recipe for it's ease and you can always add herbs to it for a dinner biscuit, that is what I'm doing tonight for supper along with our ham steaks, adding some fresh chives to the mix.

Southern Biscuits

2 c. all purpose flour
1/4 t. baking soda
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 t. salt
6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cold
3/4 c. buttermilk
Preheat oven to 400. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Cut the butter into chunks and cut into flour till it resembles course meal.
Add buttermilk and mix just till combined. If it appears to be a bit dry add a bit more buttermilk. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and gently pat dough out, do not roll. Use a round cutter to cut out biscuits, place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 min. Makes about 10.

Can you cut comfort into a biscuit, I think so. There are generations old that lived off homemade biscuits with every meal, I won't go that far, but when I crave a good, flaky biscuit, I turn to this recipe and go snip some fresh herbs and you have a meal! Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...