Tuesday, June 09, 2009

MEN-0-pause


Day 9 of a month of me is a serious post, one that affects this birthday more than the others. The average age for women entering menopause is 52, but I think my body is beginning to show signs, and it bothers me. Now, this post isn't for men, unless you want to learn so you can prepare yourself, then read on. I know all women are different but the doctors say you can kinda predict yours by your Mom's. This doesn't help me one bit, I wasn't around or don't remember? See, that's one sign of the change that is worrisome, my memory isn't what it used to be. And my eye sight is shotty, I need bifocals but I won't give in yet! It's harder to lose weight and I don't sleep more than 6 hours at best. My periods are no longer dependable but still average about the same length of time. And why is it called MEN0pause anyway? Men are no help here!
I own two books on the subject: Susun Weeds Menopausal Years and The Secret Pleasure of Menopause by Dr. Christiane Northrup. Both books are a good read and a laugh now and then. I've followed Susun Weed for years and love her, I just hope I can grasp her way of thinking about menopause, if I could, I would be looking forward to it, I'm not there yet. I do admit the title of Christianes book caught me eye, and leave it to her to find pleasure in this passage in life but I don't know if I can find pleasure in it either?
So, I'm turning to you bloggers who are going through it or have made it to the other side, I want to hear from you, any advise you care to share? I really want to enter this stage of my life in a positive way. I have been preparing my body for this transaction for the last 10 years, not faithfully but have tried many different herbs related to this subject. I'm a all natural kind of gal so that would be the way I go. I just hope when the hot flashes kick in that it's winter time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...