Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Pie


Tradition has it that food plays a major role in our childhood memories, do you agree? Take my Christmas pie for example, my youngest son grew up on it, each and every Christmas he would expect it, now he requests it. And honestly, it's just not Christmas without it, I've been making it since the early 80's, and I don't dare stop now! Today, I'm making one for a friend, a colon cancer fighter who loves cranberries, so in his honor, I share this festive pie recipe for you to share with your family this Christmas.

Christmas Pie
Pastry for 2 crust pie
3 c. fresh cranberries
2 Tbsp. flour
2. c. sugar
2/3 c. water
1 c. raisins
2 tsp. grated lemon peel
2 Tbsp. butter
Remove stems from cranberries and wash well. Combine flour and sugar to a saucepan. Stir in cranberries, water, raisins and lemon peel. Cover and cook till cranberries start to pop. Remove from heat and add butter. Cool to lukewarm. Pour filling into prepared pie shell and top with top crust. Bake in a 425 oven for 40-50 min. or till juices start to bubble or crust turns brown. Cool. Enjoy!
This pie is rich but oh sooo good! I have even iced the pie, yes, iced! Have you ever iced a pie? Apple is best, just a thin layer of cream cheese frosting spread on or better yet, drizzled......out of this world good!

After todays post the giveaway post will be on the next page for those who still want to enter and have 2 days left to do so. I'd love to see 60 by Sunday when I draw a winner! Stay tuned, another family favorite coming soon! Enjoy your day, as I am!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...