Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bloggers are the Best!


Today's gratitude moment is a easy one, and I must confess, was inspired by Carolyn at Cranberry Crossing. But I'm thankful everyday for my blogging time, buddies and the joy I get from it all! So many of you have inspired me to write, create, share and learn. You truly have blessed my world, made me a better woman and taught me to explore new paths, share in the journey and pass more kindness on. Your like a good book that I can open anytime to find comfort, guidance and hope. Thank you all for being here, sharing the web with me and making the world a better place! I love you all!

Deer season begins on Saturday here and the men in my family have waited all year for this, so to send them off, I bake muffins for camp. Today, I'm trying a new recipe for blueberry muffins that will not only satisfy their sweet tooth but sneak in a little healthy oats too. I'll make a double batch so some will stay here, with me.

Blueberry Oat Muffins
1 1/4 c. all purpose flour
1 c. quick oats
1/2 c. sugar
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
2 eggs
1/2 c. water
1/3 c. oil
1 c. blueberries
Topping:
2 Tb. sugar
1/4 cinnamon
In a bowl, combine first 6 ingredients. In another bowl beat eggs, water and oil. Add to dry ingredients, blend well. Fold in blueberries. Fill paper lined cups 3/4 full. Combine sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 400 for 18-22 min. or till toothpick comes out clean. Cool. Makes 1 doz.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...