Tuesday, November 13, 2012
I can't say it enough, I LOVE Pinterest!!! I have these bars baking in the oven for my hubby's lunches this week and I must say, they smell GOOD!!! So, I thought I'd share it with you today, the recipe comes from Sweet Treats More who also has many more good things to make and eat! Enjoy, I know I will!
Oatmeal Butterscotch Bars with Brown Sugar Glaze
adapted from Food.com
1 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1 c butter, soft
3/4 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 c oatmeal
1 (12 oz) package of Butterscotch Chips
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Grease a 9x13 in. pan and set aside.
2. In a small bowl combine flour, soda, salt and cinnamon and set aside.
3. In another large bowl, beat butter then add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture. Stir in oatmeal, then butterscotch chips.
5. Spread batter into the greased pan. Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes
***If the edges seem to be browning but is still gooey in the middle, reduce to temp to 325 for last 5-10 minutes.
6. Once cool, frost with brown sugar glaze.
Brown Sugar Glaze
1/4 c butter
1/2 c brown sugar
1/8 c milk
1/2 c sifted powdered sugar
In a saucepan melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium and continue to beat for two minutes, stirring constantly. Add the milk and return to boil (continually stirring).
Remove from heat and let cool to luke-warm temperature. Gradually stir in powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add more powdered sugar if needed. If it seems too thick you can add a little bit of warm water until you reach the desired consistency.
Posted by Sue@CountryPleasures at 3:08 PM