Sunday, January 08, 2012

My Bungalow is Begging!

       Winter always temps me to play with color and our living room needs a face lift, it's been 3 yrs. since it was painted the coffee with cream color and brick red, which I was happy with till now. Note to self: never use flat paint with big sloppy dog! I painted every room before we moved in, and that's my excuse but it's a pain to clean so my winter project is giving this space a upgrade and trying to restore the bungalow feeling it never had! This poor house has been neglected for many years, if only you could see the state it was in when we bought it, every room was white, and dirty! The only thing I haven't painted was the ceilings, I hate them, and one day, I will come up with a fix for them! The red wall behind the couch will either get painted or papered, which might be easier than painting over the red and wall paper has made a comeback! :)
         My hope for this good size room, which is open to the dining room ( that is brick red on one wall and coffee with cream on the other) is to make it lighter, with only the one window plus door light, it's not very bright in here. I'm thinking a lighter cream color maybe? Any ideas? Most of my furniture is black with other black accents in both rooms.
       If you know of any cottage decorating sites that might help, let me know and please feel free to offer any ideas that will help make this space lighter and more cottage-ish. I'm especially interested in changing the look of the leather couch, something to tone it down a bit? So, now you see it, hopefully in a month or so, I'll have a after tour and a bungalow that no longer begs for attention!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...