Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Tasty Tuesday


          It's still HOT here, about 10 degrees above normal so when this recipe came my way I just knew I had to share it with you! I love a good odd ball recipe and I know many of you have the main ingredient handy this time of the year, so believe it or not, this week's recipe is Ice Cream Bread! I'm not sure it's worthy of having the oven on right now, but it does look interesting and I will try it one day, a cooler day!


ICE CREAM BREAD
Makes 1 8 x 4 loaf

2 Cups Ice Cream, any flavor, softened
1 1/2 cups Self-Rising Flour

Preheat your oven to 350. Spray and flour an 8 x 4 loaf pan, or line it with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl mix the ice cream and flour together until just combined.
Scoop into the loaf and and smooth out.
Bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the loaf comes out with a few crumbs stuck to it.
Remove from the pan and allow to cool (if you can wait that long)!

*****For best results, use FULL FAT ice cream


    So, what do you think? Will you try it, and if so, what flavor ice cream do you think you will use? I love the fact that any flavor will work, add some nuts or fruit maybe? When our temps get back to normal, I'm game! Stay cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...