Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tasty Tuesday


           I'm all geared up for fall and all that follows so I hope your ready for ALL my autumn posts and recipes? If not, just cave now! lol    This week I'm stocking up on canned pumpkin. Last year, a nasty rumor had people in panic and at one point, the shelves were low. This year, fresh pumpkins are said to be higher than last year due to the extreme summer heat. Mine died on the vine even before maturing so that's not a good sign.  Lesson learned, don't wait till the holidays to stock up!

    What comes to mind when you think pumpkins? Butter, of course! Not just any butter, but maple pumpkin butter. This is a treat on pancakes, muffins, toast or on a spoon!

Maple Pumpkin Butter

2 c. pumpkin puree
1/2 c. apple juice
1/2 c. maple syrup
2 t. Cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg ( I use more, love it)
1/2 t. ginger ( again, I use more)
Mix everything together in a food processor or use mixer. Add mixture to a large saucepan and allow to simmer on low for about a hour, till the color darkens and thickens. Store in air tight container in fridge. Enjoy!

      Your house will smell wonderful too! On a side note, if you joined my fall apron swap, I've extended the shipping date till the 25th to allow more time, so no stressing! Just sewing, swapping and making pumpkin butter!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...