Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Tasty Tuesday



           No baking for me this week, it's just too hot to have the oven on, but the cravings for something sweet and homemade don't take a break, so I thought I'd share a favorite standby of mine for summer treats, the famous "No Bake Cookie".  Now, I'm sure you've heard of them and have probably even made them before, but if you haven't or just need a nudge to whip up a batch, I'm coming to your rescue here and now. And maybe my recipe differs from yours, there are several out there but my family will agree, these are the best!

No Bake Cookies

2 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa
1/2 c. milk
1 stick butter
Bring to a full rolling boil, and boil for 2 min. in large saucepan. Remove from heat.
1/2 c. peanut butter
3 c. quick oats
Add peanut butter and stir till melted. Add oats and mix well. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and allow to set. Makes 2 dozen

       Of course, these are good anytime of the year, but are perfect in the dog days of summer when you just don't dare to add more heat to the house. Dressed up in a pretty tin, these melt in your mouth cookies make a special gift, so make a double batch and treat yourself! Enjoy!
    

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...