Monday, May 31, 2010

Sewing Sample


          Have you ever started a project only to get about half way into it to find out that your stuck? Whew...I'm glad I'm not alone here! I really think this stage of my life is going to be the hardest. I've never measured my life in stages, before now. I'm 50 and I don't need a blood test to tell me my body is changing and entering menopause.  This is not the direction I was going here but I'm hoping it will explain some of the new changes I'm dealing with, so if any of you BigM veterans have any ideas on how to handle the slip of memory here and there, second guessing myself, and lack of energy please share!

      Back to sewing. I love aprons but I must admit that I haven't made one yet, not a real from pattern apron anyway.  I've bought the easy kind only to find myself still confused, have they changed any of the apron technology in the last decade or two? Or maybe it's just the pattern directions, home ed. wasn't this hard, but then again, I was younger and my mind had more room to store all this knowledge? lol  But, I remain determined to tackle a pattern and make a apron from scratch, but cakes are so much easier!

      Eye candy from Ebay has sparked the creative gene in me, I won a auction for a retro 50's apron pattern, found some vintage looking fabric and I have all pieces cut out and ready to assemble, as  you can see above.  Now, to tackle and conquer the lost art of apron making, my way....slow but sure! Old age is not for sissies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...