Sunday, January 24, 2010

I'm Dreaming of.....



        Old plank wood floors, all knotty and pine.  A open hearth for winter fires. Rustic beams full of charm and strength. A English kitchen is what I'm dreaming of! My family tree leans towards the old ways of the English, the land where my mom was from and loved so much.  No, I'm not redoing my kitchen, not yet anyways, but I will be helping my youngest son in redoing his so he can get it on the market by April. You see, he just got engaged and wants to spruce the place up, sell it and rent for a few years so they can save up and build their own home, their way.  This will also get them out of debt and giving them a fresh start.  So, I offered to help, I've been dreaming of ways to make his little house feel big and cozy. He's made a few good starts but the kitchen needs a woman's touch in order to catch  the woman's eye when it goes up for sale. His fiance lives out of state in case you were wondering so I'm stepping in with happy feet!

      While looking around the web for ideas and colors, I found the house above. The top two are from the wonderful movie "The Holiday" which I loved, for the English house most of all but for the story line too. It won't fit into my son's house plan but I saved the photos for my files! lol  I've been anxious to decorate and paint for some reason, so this works out well all the way around! If you know of any kitchen idea sites that have a simple, yet cozy feel let me know. Just keep in mind, my 25 year old son will have to live there till it sells so I"m looking for something equally pleasing. CheeryO!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...