Sunday, October 04, 2009

Pumpkin Bread

Have you heard about the shortage of canned pumpkin that is predicted for the fall baking season? I haven't seen it here yet, as of today, Walmart had plenty but I think I will take Katie Coric's advice and stock up, just in case. Even better, cook up those pumpkins you use outside as fall decorations, it's easy and tastes so much better and since pumpkins are so high this year, you might want to get your moneys worth! I'm posting my famous pumpkin bread recipe again this year since I have so many new readers. I know alot of yummy recipes for this fall bread are going around now and that's great, but here's another that is my families favorite, I think it's the chocolate chips that make it such a hit!


Pumpkin Bread
2 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 c. canola oil
1 (16 oz.) can pumpkin
2/3 c. water
4 eggs
3 1/3 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. each cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 bag mini chocolate chips
Heat oven to 350. Grease 2 loaf pans, set aside. Mix sugar and oil in large bowl till well blended. Stir in pumpkin, water, and eggs. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices. Add vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips, blend well. Pour into pans and bake for one hour or till toothpick comes out clean. Mini loaf pans take less time. Cool before slicing or packaging.
So, if you don't have time to cut up the real pumpkin and cook it down, stock up on the canned cousin so you will have plenty for all your fall baking. This bread makes a nice giftie too, hint-hint!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...