Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Caramel Apple Cake

I'm trying out new recipes for our church's fall fest this Saturday, were having a pie auction to raise money for the hungry, and since it's also my youngest son's 25th birthday, I made this caramel apple cake for him, he loves my caramel apple pie but I think this is his new favorite. It was very moist and full of caramel flavor. I searched for recipes on the Internet and ended up rearranging two recipes into one and came up with my version, which was a hit! Both recipes said it would be even better the second day so I'm looking forward to sharing the last piece with hubby tonight.

Caramel Apple Cake
1 yellow cake mix
1 small box french vanilla pudding
1 c. water
4 eggs
1/3 c. oil
3 apples, peeled and chopped fine
1 tsp. vanilla ( used my homemade stash)
Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour and 10 in. bundt pan. Beat first 5 ingredients in bowl on low speed till blended well. Beat on high for another minute. Stir in apples. I cut them up then ran them through my food processor. Pour in greased pan and bake for 50-60 min. till toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake. Remove from pan and place on plate. Drizzle caramel ice cream topping all over the top, I used almost the whole jar, depending on your taste. Enjoy!


Needless to say, I'll be making one of these cakes for the pie auction along with a few pies and my blueberry bread pudding. I really enjoy baking and so glad I don't eat everything I bake, I'd be huge! But I love to get creative in the kitchen and it warms the house up with scents of fall and winter. Baking is good, oh soo good therapy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...