Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Few of my Favorite Things...


Day 12 of a month of me is all about a few of my favorite things......this list could be long but I'll keep it short since we will be heading south soon for a day of thrifting, geocaching and home improvement shopping. I have many favorite things, each year I seem to find more. I'll keep it simple since I am but it'll give you a little idea of who I am. In no certain order......
Aprons, I love the history behind each one, I try imagine the woman who wore the old ones I find in thrift stores, did she have a large family she cooked for? Aprons are hip again and I'm so glad, we can't lose that tie!
Books, I love everything about books, from the smell of new ink to the dusty covers of olden copies. Words can change lives, books are so important!
Old China, you already know I collect English china but I love old china too, flower themes catch my eye. The designs from days gone by are so much more interesting than the ones available today. Again, I love the history behind china, who sipped tea from that little pink flowered cup?
Magazines, I'm a junkie! I save the ones that can be used for reference. Gardening, crafting, decorating and cooking are keepsakes to read over and over again! It's my favorite kind of comfort reading, a good magazine, cup of joe and the tree swing!
Food, I prefer homemade but I must admit since it's just the hubby and me now, I don't cook like I used too but on the other hand, I do get to cook for us and not 5 pickie eaters! Bread fresh from the oven is a all time favorite! Ice tea, unsweet anytime of the year is always refreshing along with my morning coffee.
Movies, I'm a hopeless romantic so I enjoy a good love story, along with a good western, crime drama or tasteful comedy. I don't waste my time or money on stupid movies. A few of my all time favorites would have to be: Country, The River, Coal Miners Daughter, Lonesome Dove, Open Range, and there are more, but I just went blank!
If there's a question of one of my favorites that I didn't cover, feel free to ask me, I'd be happy to take questions, anytime! Thank you for the comments left so far on yesterdays post, I love the "best gift ever" replies, a few were very creative and so sweet! Keep them coming, they get you entered in the giveaway! Enjoy your weekend, see you tomorrow with another day of me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...