Friday, June 05, 2009

Discounts for Dummies?


Day 5 of a month of me deals with discounts for the elderly. I was almost coming to terms with this birthday which isn't for 2 more weeks, till I got this in the mail yesterday. Now, I'm all for discounts, deals and special treatment for our retired folks who have earned it but when did AARP start hitting on the 50ish age group?
I want to thank all of you who have wrote in with comforting comments on turning 50, I like your spunk and hope to find my own, I really think this month of me will help! I'm not going to let this plastic discount card damper my month, I will take full advantage of any discounts I'm entitled too when the time comes, you can bet on that! I just wish everyone was eligible for daily discounts everywhere, wouldn't that encourage spending and help the economy get back on it's feet! But with companies like AARP pushing plans on us so early, by the time we are really in need of them, will the discounts be deals or policies for dummies who think they should have it because they hit a certain age? Anymore you have to be careful what you sign up for and read the fine print real good!
If any of you hold a AARP card and use it, please chime in here and let us know how you like it and how it works for you. I'll hold onto my "invitation letter" till I know more about it. I'm not bashing AARP just a little miffed that companies like this are targeting people who turn 50, I thought 50 was the new 30?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...