Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Forgiveness


This is our apple tree today, standing tall and free of ice.

This is the same apple tree last week, weighed down by ice and sleet, isn't Mother Nature amazing and forgiving! I still don't care for the ice, even more so after this winter but I must agree with those who commented on how pretty it was, and it was, a true winter wonderland, esp. when the sun came out and everything sparkled, icles hanging all about just beamed. The stillness was true silence. I can say all of this because we never lost power and were kept warm and safe, missed 4 days of work but we were safe. My area is down to a little over 500 still in the dark, that number is down from over 11,000. I am grateful! I too will forgive the weather and look forward to the next season. I know the groundhog saw his shadow leaving us with 6 more weeks of winter, but in 4 weeks we change the clocks ahead to day time savings so spring has to be right around the corner, right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...