Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fifty is Nifty, for Barbie!



I have alot in common with Barbie, she turns 50 this year, as I will. She has curves, as I do. She was born a blonde, as I was. She's lead a interesting life, as I have. And her creator had faith in her, as mine does. With that said, Barbie and I have come a long way!

Barbie was born to replace the flimsy paper dolls that were so popular in the day. But she faced tough critics that thought no Mommy would buy a doll with breasts for their daughters, if only they could see the toys of today? Barbie is still the best selling doll of all time, lending girlhood memories to all females alike. She's held up much better than I!

I wish I still had my first Barbie, not sure which one it was, but I do remember we spent many years together, playing house and sharing secrets. I'd love to hear about your memories of Barbie, your first one or your favorite one?

Happy Birthday Barbie! Fifty is nifty for you, not so much for me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...