Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Tree Hugger


The trees at our new place are old and huge, as seen here, that little blue thing is my Explorer! This tree has to be a couple hundred years old, hugging the house with cool share during the hottest part of the day. I just love trees, I guess that is why I was taken with this place even before I stepped inside. The 2 acres is mostly open, good garden land, but the front has a little oasis feeling about it, with many tall trees, such a peaceful place. My plans for this spot are walking paths with a couple of sitting areas, plenty of shade plants circling the trees, ferns and hostas are my favorites. The renters told us that alot of deer pass through here, I can't wait to sit on the deck with coffee in one hand and my camera in the other!
The other night we ripped out all the carpet in the house and I started painting the dining and living room yesterday, my colors for these rooms will match since they are open to each other are a brick red and carmel. I've never gone red before so this will be bold for us, but this house needs some color and I just love the two together, I can't wait to show you the results! I've also talked my hubby into doing our bedroom in blue and brown, he really liked the photo I posted! The work has begun but it's a labor of love for a house that was meant to be ours! If I could hug this tree I would, but I'll honor it and love it each day! There really is a calm feeling up there, always a breeze, has to be the trees!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...