Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day



Are you wearing green today? I can remember as a child in school, the big thing was to wear green on St. Patricks Day or run the risk of getting pinched, and the boys really liked to pinch. Do kids even do this anymore? When my kids were alot younger, I'd make something green for supper, mashed potatoes usually, they were the easiest to dye, just something fun to mark the day, we've got some Irish in us somewhere? I usually cook up a corned beef supper with Irish soda bread but not today, corned beef is high this year, so I'll wait, they will mark them down tomorrow then we will have a corned beef meal with plenty of leftovers for sandwiches. What do you do for this green day? As I get older, it just reminds me that March is half over but it's still fun to mark certain days, I fear one day holidays like this will no longer be on the calendars? You never know? Whatever you do, I hope you find many blessings and share the green, somehow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...