Tuesday, April 02, 2013

I'm in a Funk!


                I'd like to blame this crazy weather for the funk I'm in and maybe I will, but the start of the new year has proven to be a challenge, from wacked out weather, to the lay off and back again, to losing the best dog I"ve even known, all has me in a funk/rut! We had to say our final goodbyes to our English Mastiff 10 days ago. Louie was a rescue dog we saved from a bad foster home, he was the dog no one wanted, but one look online at his profile, I knew I had to have him, even if it meant to Nashville to get him! And that's what we did, after passing inspection, getting approved, we met the rescue leader half way in Nashville, we had to rent a van to haul him home, he was so big!! Louie was just misunderstood, he was 16 mo. old and branded as a trouble maker but lots of love turned that dog into a amazing creature, one that I'm honored to have known, and loved! He was 12 in November, his hips and back legs were robbing him of mobility and comfort, we choose to give him the gift of not getting worse. Never easy, always sad but I wouldn't trade the last 10 yrs. for nothing!! He is sadly missed and our home is empty but our hearts have room to do it all over again, a house isn't a home without a dog!! RIP Louie!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...