Friday, May 04, 2012

Simple Country Pleasures


            I've been so blessed by knowing some amazing blog buddies, it's truly a honor to call them friends! One of them is Lea from Shabby Olde Potting Shed, we clicked from the start! Her blog is so inviting, like a favorite chair, and very inspiring and always uplifting!! Now, I'm not tooting her horn, just praising our friendship!!! She surprised me with this photo this morning on Facebook and it just made my day!!!  So, I had to share it and it inspired this post! When I started my blog, I had the hardest time coming up with a name for it, then one day, out of the blue, it came to me! I love it when that happens, and Country Pleasures was born! So, holding true to that title, I'll share some of my latest, favorite yet simple country pleasures today:

The sweet smell of honeysuckle in the mornings....
 Flowers blooming everywhere, even the weeds are pretty!
 My shabby shed full of seeds sprouting.
 Sweet surprises in the mail that make me giddy!
 Purple Martins checking out the house for rent! lol
 Watching the grand kids catching butterflies in a jar.
 Working late in the garden and spying new growth.
 Gardeners who share their seeds and cuttings.
 The quail calling to each other across the fields.
 Meeting a new person who feels like a old friend.

       I could go on and on, but you get the idea! I hope you go out and find your own simple pleasures, taking the time to notice them keeps them around even longer! Feel free to share yours with me, spread the feel good feeling with us! Happy May!!!


                                             

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...