Friday, March 25, 2011

Retro Remake

    My sewing room makeover is finally finished and I love it! Come on in and take a peek......
         This is my space, used to be a screened in porch, we think because of the door and all the windows. Our house was built in the 40's and added on a few times over the years, we've lived here for 3 years and I'm re-painting already, why, I guess I was in a hurry to move in, I used all flat paint and with a big sloppy dog, the walls needed a update,  in satin. This room was a sage green and pink, I outgrew the pink.....
     And fell in love with blue and red instead! What you see red now, was once pink. The door took 4 coats of paint to cover the pink, I'd hate to see if I ever have to cover the red!
     My scrapbook wall of fame, I just hate to hide such art in scrapbooks! And you can even see where I blog! I only had to buy paint, blue sheers and red fabric for the grand total of $37 spent on this makeover, everything else was found around the house, my kind of shopping!

Here is the before, I have no idea how it got here, ?  
    I still need to find some cute blue fabric for a valance for the door and recover my name there but I'm calling it done and this room just makes me happy! :) Well, that's it for my inside projects for this year! I've re-done 3 rooms in just over a month and even though my body ached, it was a blast! The out come was well worth the pain. And winter is back so once it warms up again, I can put my ideas in motion outside too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...