Thursday, August 12, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love



           I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie, but will have to wait till it comes out on DVD which is fine with me but I wanted to join the hype and share my take on those three little words, and I hope you will tag along and share your own journey.

EAT- If I could eat my way through any country, it would have to be England. My Mom was born and raised in England. I imagine a small village with cobblestone streets, wild heather growing on hillsides, and tea houses.  I would love to sip real tea, with a splash of cream and 2 sugars, just like my Mom would make it. Fresh scones, fish and chips and whatever England is known for. To taste the food of my heritage would be a feast for my spirit more than my stomach.  One day!

PRAY- If I could witness the rituals of another faith other than my own, I'd be interested in the Amish. I respect their values to a degree but I'm sure I could learn more patience from them. I admire their simple life but I couldn't live without some comforts that I have come to love, like air conditioning. But, they survive, somehow, and it is that level of faith that we all can use more of.

LOVE- Is hard, to say the least. We all have many loves, a true love and a love of things. I think the hardest part is finding a love that fulfills you, connects you to another human being and the passion to make it last till the very end. That love is special. I'd like to think I've found it, but only time will tell. Love , is a word used too freely, not taken seriously and is abused.

    There you have it, my take on those three little words, a movie that will make you rethink such things and believe in yourself again. I hope you will travel with me here so we can catch a ride on your own journey. Feel  free to leave me a comment or share your link on your own Eat, Pray, Love post.  Tickets are free!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...