It's always a treat to come across a blog that you just feel right at home with, and Merry Heart Journal is one of those. What really lead me there was this recipe for pumpkin fudge but I fell for the rest of it too! And I can't keep a good blog all to myself so here it is and the recipe to boot! My bunch is big on fudge....chocolate anytime, eggnog for Christmas and now pumpkin for fall! You can't go wrong with pumpkin in the fudge title so join me in making this new seasonal treat and check out the blog that is true to it's name, a merry place from the heart. Enjoy!
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 5-1/3-ounce can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
*1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
*1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
*1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 12-ounce package (2 cups) butterscotch-flavored pieces
1 7-ounce jar marshmallow crème
1 cup chopped toasted pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Butter a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Set aside.
2. In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, combine sugar, butter, evaporated milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
3. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat. Boil over medium-low heat until mixture registers 234 º. (Soft-ball stage) on a candy thermometer, stirring constantly (about 25 minutes).
4. Remove from heat and stir in butterscotch pieces until melted. Add marshmallow crème, nuts and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
5. Pour mixture into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Cool at room temperature. Cut into squares. Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator. Makes 3-1/4 pounds.