Saturday, August 22, 2009

Chocolate Banana Bread


Yep, I'm baking again, this pre-fall weather just begs me to bake and you know how much I love to bake in these conditions, plus, I got a bag of bananas real cheap and must use them up, so I searched the internet for banana bread recipes. I was looking for something different other than the old stand by, so when I saw this one with chocolate, I knew I had to try it. It smelt wonderful for hours in the house and the taste is mellow, perfect combo! But don't take my word for it, try it and let me know what you think?
Chocolate Banana Bread
1/2 c. walnuts
1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
1/4 c. cocoa powder
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 lg. eggs
1/2 c. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. chocolate chips
Preheat over to 350. Grease a loaf pan well and set aside. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and powder, salt. Set aside.
In a med. bowl, combine mashed bananas, eggs, butter and vanilla. Mix well. Gently fold in wet mixture with dry till just combined. Batter will be thick. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips. Bake till the bread has risen, about 55-65 min. Place on wire rack to cool. Makes one loaf. Enjoy!
I changed the recipe just a bit, I used canola oil instead of butter for a moist bread. I do this alot and it works out great! I found it at www.joyofbaking.com check it out, tons of great recipes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...