Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Frozen Hot Chocolate


As promise, I found my recipe for frozen hot chocolate, another odd recipe that I'm famous for and oh so good! I prefer it in warmer weather but it does make a nice winter treat, kids love it!

Frozen Hot Chocolate
3 oz. good chocolate
2 Tbsp. store bought hot cocoa mix or homemade
1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 c. milk
3 c. ice
whipped cream
Chop chocolate into small pieces and melt in a small saucepan, stirring till melted. Add the hot chocolate mix and sugar, stirring well till blended. Remove from heat and slowly add 1/2 c. of the milk and stir well again. Cool to room temp. In a blender place remaining 1 c. milk, the chocolate mix and ice. Blend on high till smooth and resembles a frozen drink. Pour into a tall glass or big cup and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings or sprinkles. Enjoy!

Wasn't that easy and quick! I just love the simple recipes esp. during such a rushed season. This goes well with a cookie baking party or made for the kids while they watch their favorite Christmas shows. I should have some holiday house photos soon as I'm almost done.......but don't hold your breath!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...